Re: a different kind of video recorder?

>>Klaus' software has an option that allows you to display the
>>OSD in the shell window (using ncurses). This may not be exactly
>>what you want, but better than not seeing it at all.
>
>Ok, will try again. But so far i did'nt get any recording done with the
>keyboard controls - recording simply did'nt start ;-(

I have to apologize: I missed an upgrade and did'nt checked
if the video directory did exist and is writable - maybe there should be an
warning ;-)

---

Momentarily, i use a Cinch loopback cable to feed the dvb tv-out back into
the bttv-card, but i still think it would be nice to have an X-application
that connects to the (always running) vdr process, and displays an overlay.

If it is possible to send keyboard events of the overlay-window (or translate
mouse events) to the  vdr process we would already have was i thought of a
"different kind of video recorder".

Of course there needs to be an locking mechanism, which allows only one or
another to use the hardware (priority?), at best with distinction between
record and playback. (for more than one card respectively)

---

For those interested:

I made an little hack to the alsa-util "latency", which allows me to hear
3D sound from "any" audio source right now (i'am using a sb-live card)
- it just records via /dev/dsp and writes it back... i wonder if this really
sounds like it should?
If someone has a better solution, please let me know ;-)

Guido

Home | Main Index | Thread Index