proposal for a X-frontend for vdr

Since vdr has a daemon-mode and a network interface making an
X-frontend (realizing what i thought before) is much easier:

-just need to implement the SVDRP protocol
-capture and translate keyboard events (any keys vdr knows about)
-display and handle the overlay (e.g. mouse-resize)

The last point is the difficult one:
We need a read/write handle for /dev/video or it has to be implemented
in the SVDRP - making it much less "simple" ;-)

we would need functions to setting up:
-colorspace
-size/resize
-display-width?
-overlay-on/off
-clipping?
(-grab-frame)
(-volume handling)

Except the correct overlay/resize/clipping/eventhandling it sounds not to
complicated for me - If someone could explain what needs to be done...

Had asked this before - Can someone please tell me if the OSD is visible at the
overlay?  If not, we need to implement the OSD-equivalent for the X-app again.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index