Problem with CI module. Help please..

Hi,

While trying for first time my CI module together with
the siemens PCI-DVB the cable burn out. (2 lines on cable cord
are burn). I think probably because the CI card touched on an
aluminium surface.

Can anyone tell me if is possible to find a new cable? the
siemens card works fine and the CI card has nothing unusual
on it, such as burnings.
Does anyone know where can I find help regarding this matter.
On the linuxtv.org site I ve seen that there is contact with
siemens manafacturer. is there any email I can reach them?

At the place I bought (http://www.satshop.com) the card
they guided me in getting a new CI card because the cable cannot be
replaced. I hope its not true because that will mean 250 DM more.

Demetris

Home | Main Index | Thread Index