Re: Common Interface hoes

 Hi!

On Mon, 14 Aug 2000, Plamen Ganev wrote:
> What is the PNRID that some channels have? Should I use this one in PNR
> or not?

 That is program number (or also called service_id in SDT). I
don't have CI, but AFAIK program number is a must have thing for the
CAM. (CAM decrypts one program each time, and it needs some private -
ECM/EMM - streams. To find these streams the CAM should have to know the
program number, so it could look up them from the programs' PMT table). I
recommend you to use PNR for encrypted channels (but don't expect too
much, the Windows API says that most of the CI stuff is in the card's
firmware and Ralph mentioned that the firmware he got not contains these
parts.. - try using the firmware you got with the Win app? One more thing
is that you have to use DVB_CHANNEL_CA for channel_flags in the frontend
structure - as I see some CA stuff in the Linux driver runs only in this
case. But these are just theory.. hope I help something, if I was wrong
please correct me..
 Bye,
 David

Home | Main Index | Thread Index