VDR running with the hauppauge wintv IR comand?

Hi,

So far I have a dvb-s and wintv radio pci loading modules and working
correctly together (using Mandrake 7.1 and some compiled drivers latest
versions), including mixers.
I tried gVideo, it is more or less stable but the recorded videos appear
frequently corrupted (?). I resorted to use xawtv with the dvb output
connected to the wintv input. I managed to run vdr with the keyboard
commands, recordings are perfect.

I installed the latest lirc drivers for the wintv IR interface. The test
programs show lircd is receiving correctly the signals. I recompiled vdr
with lirc support, then re-wrote the /usr/local/etc/lircd.conf so it
returns the VDR codes, then... nothing is happening: VDR loads correctly
then it is like it cannot receive anything.
No tell-tale error messages in syslog.

I then tried recording a separate lircd.conf with the irrecord tool. it
does not work.

Has anybody got this IR interface up and running with the dvb-s and vdr? is
there something I am missing in the procedure?

MK

Home | Main Index | Thread Index