analog recording

I know this is not the list topic but maybe someone has got a solution,
since several ppl here seem to have a dvb-s and a wintv.

I am looking for a good method for recording analogic video,
preferably not too space-hungry (I am thinking mostly of mjpeg and mpeg1/2)

I tried xawtv 3.17 capture (mjpeg), video is good to excellent but sound awful
(lots of clicks and interruptions). I am using the alsa drivers (for some
obscure reason the current OSS driver refused to output pcm waves in my
sblive card). Moreover there are synchronization problems.

I spent some time trying to get bttvgrab 0.15.10 to run, but it fails with a
"/dev/video1 already in use" mostly. :-(

kwintv also mostly runs but does not offer compression for video recording.

I tried ggitv, which was probably a nice idea: those libraries are real fast,
but the image colors appear shifted and there aren't any compressions options.

So what would currently be the best proggie for analog video recording?
any undocumented options to improve xawtv audio quality in the recordings?

MK

Home | Main Index | Thread Index