Re: kidding?

On Fri, Aug 18, 2000 at 10:56:55AM +0300, Mihai Amariutei wrote:
> I think EON offers great value with their service.

Think again. This IS linux mailing list, right?
- You can't use Fazzt on linux, right?
- Do you remember the problems with *non GPL* Cyberlogin (thank God for proxy auth) ?
- You have to pay to your ISP for modem conenction too, right?
- Did you get any response from their customer support that made sense?
  (check this mailing list for various "humorous" answers)

If you can get ISDN 128k (and you are paying subscription to ISP
anyway) and EON is not giving you greater speeds than ISDN, why would you use it?
I can live with most of limitations EON is putting on the connection,
but I can't live with their lousy customer support and their "blame the
customer" policy.
I can't live with downloads being interrupted in the middle of the file, too.
etc,etc...  (don't worry, I will not commit suicide :-)) )

But let's STOP here right now. This conversation is probably way of the topic of
this mailing list. What do you think why EON hasn't started it's own
mailing list to help their customers having lot's of FAQ ?
Be sure that they are prety capable for that. But that would be official
"spit-on-me" mailing list and that is why they don't have it.
(Let me choke on my words if I am not right. (not literaly) )

I will still use EON until my subscription ends (I paid for full 1 year in
advance) and by that time we will see what will happen' :-))

> If you really want something proffesional, try NetSatExpress. You'll end up
> paying 1500 USD monthly for a 64 kbps CIR receive-only, unlimited traffic.

Why would I do that when I can pay 450$ for land leased-line ?

> As you can see EOL does a great job: providing inexpensive Internet access
> to Europe.

If it was two-way (no modem and telco expences) than that would be a bargain!!

Please NOTE that my oppinion is based on various contacts with various EON people
(marketing, customer support,...) by various means (phone, mail, e-mail), and on
the fact that in the begining (summer 1999) it worked much, much, much ... faster.

If you are nearby, please drop in and we will have a cold beer and chat in peace
about EON and other life-important stuff.

Good luck using EON, everyone...

Regards,

Ivo.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index