Outcommand Errors and more

Hi,

As you might have seen from my other mails, I've been struggling with the
DVB card and the drivers.

I tried to use the stest program in libdvb to scan trough all the
frequencies on Hotbird and get all the transponders/channels available.

The problem: Outcommand Error 1
Reproducible: Yes, 100% on a whole scan. Not always on the same freq.
Method: I start scanning from 10700MHz up to 12800MHz on Hotbird. It seems
that particular frequencies are lethal to the arm code (I guess). 11919MHz
is an example. The whole thing stops responging and the driver starts
printing the outcommand errors. A reload will fix it.

I had before seen this problem, and tough it was due to faulty hardware.
However the problem was verified now on a Hauppauge and a Technotrend card,
with and without a common interface attached.

It seems something related to the tuning code of the firmware.
AFC=1 makes the problem worse. The problem will not occur when scanning
"good" TP frequencies (i.e. with good signal), only when scanning trough
*all* freq (including freq. with lots of noise etc).

I'm willing ot debug this, but I guess it's in the ARM firmware. Is it
possible to download an updated firmware?

Any hints?

Plamen.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index