Re: pva to mpeg2 conversion and wine

> > On the other hand trying to feed the resulting mpeg to the rempeg2 1.52
> > transcoder crashes it both under windoze and wine. doesn't appear to
> > like the format:
>
> Because pva2mpeg2 is broken. It creates defective MPEG2-Streams for sure.
> Sometimes it even adds junk at the beginning so that the files won't
> even recognized as MPEG2.
>
> There are programs which can split pva into seperate video- and audio-streams,
> and you can remultiplex them with appropiate software, but this isn't
> probably the way to go.

Understood.

Aiming at squeezing the video to a suitable size for recording to cd-r,
I have been able to run flaskmpeg and panasonic 2.5 standalone on the
output of pva2mpeg2, but there is definitely some issue with image
degradation (high contrast, some blur)... maybe I should try to demux/remux
the mpeg2 before re-encoding it.

Would those demuxers work on pva too, or, if not, where to find a
pva-specific demuxer (preferably linux-based)?.

The ideal thing would be to do all this linux-only with some scripts
so as to leave it running at night and get a freshly burnt cd image on the
following day. :)

MK

Home | Main Index | Thread Index