Re: pva to mpeg2 conversion and wine

MK wrote:
> Aiming at squeezing the video to a suitable size for recording to cd-r,
> I have been able to run flaskmpeg and panasonic 2.5 standalone on the
> output of pva2mpeg2, but there is definitely some issue with image
> degradation (high contrast, some blur)... maybe I should try to demux/remux
> the mpeg2 before re-encoding it.
>
> Would those demuxers work on pva too, or, if not, where to find a
> pva-specific demuxer (preferably linux-based)?.
>
> The ideal thing would be to do all this linux-only with some scripts
> so as to leave it running at night and get a freshly burnt cd image on the
> following day. :)
You may use the av_pes2any utility (part of the DVB driver archive) to
demultiplex the pva stream. In my place it did not work reliable: The
Mpeg 1 layer 2 audio frames had additional 14 Bytes at the end -
apparently exta bytes are in the pva stream. Video demultiplexing caused
some segmentation faults. Basically video only elementary streams should
playblack with mtv (a linux mpeg player) but it didn't work either.
The PVA-Fileformat specification can be obtained diretly from the
Technotrend webserver:
http://www.technotrend.de/software/technotrend/dvb/api/AV_Format_v1.pdf

Deti
--
Deti Fliegl
Phone: +49 179 2198419 Fax: +49-1805-05255556258

Home | Main Index | Thread Index