Re: analog recording

Hi,

On Aug 19, 20:51, MK wrote:
> Subject: Re: analog recording
> As for the sblive, I agree, it is maybe not the best choice in terms
> of stability of the drivers...
> We'll see for the sb128 (aint got one right now) but I'd like
> to get sp-dif out of it, seems it is possible, anybody got it to work?
>
> then what about the 48KHz audio streams?
>
> what other decently priced cards that do spdif in/out, 48KHz and linux?
>-- End of excerpt from MK

I have got the Hoontech 4DWave NX which is nicely supported by the Alsa project
(www.alsa-project.org) under Linux. The card is cheaper than the SB Live.

In the basic configuration the card has only optical and coaxial spdif out.
There are add-on solutions for spdif in, however, that are also supported by
Alsa, but I haven't tested these.

The 4DWave NX also features programming of the spdif header bits from user
space, so it should be possible to output AC3/DTS or whatever using the digital
output. I have not managed to get this to work yet (using ac3play,
www.alsaplayer.org), since the Alsa API is somewhat in a flux in this regard.

Peter

--
Peter Hofmann                  e-mail: junk@pxh.de