Re: Trouble with dvbd

>Hr Hataj,
>             I am currently trying to install and configure dvbd. Please
>could your help me by answering a few questions.
>
>Do you know how to best to start dvbd. I have read to use 'dvbd-q' is this
>coorect for version 2?

starting dvbd without any options will get you in console mode, dvbd
will show you status parameters.
starting with dvbd -q will get you in daemon mode, dvbd will be
running in the background and leaves his messages in syslog.

>What output should I get from dvbd, if any?

in daemon mode you'll might get a message of a successfull start and
logging into the satellite, i never got this, just read about.
in console mode you'll see something like the following:
Fsync=134535532, Freq=2032250000, Sync=1
in this case sync is 1, so you've a really bad satellite connection,
maximum sync is 127, and that it should be.

>Could you please send me a copy of your dvbd.conf file so I can check the
>fillters that you are using?

just get http://linuxtv.org/dvb/dvbrouter.tar.gz , it's the complete
package with actual dvbd.
thats my only active filter: filter_0 512
just pay attention to the frequency to use the right satellite ;)
that's the basic information, transponder 113 just works only some
time, fiddle it out.

103
proxy 194.177.32.196
frequence 12.461
polarity horizontal
symbolrate 22 MS/s

113
proxy  194.177.32.11
frequence 12.63325
polarity horizontal
symbolrate 22 MS/s

114
proxy 194.177.32.44
frequence 12.560
polarity vertical
symbolrate 22 MS/s

115
proxy 194.177.32.171
frequence 12.66275
polarity horizontal
symbolrate 22 MS/s

>Do you know if I require ifup, ifdown and ifcfg scripts in the
>/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ directory for dvb0?

if you have a constant ip and you are connected via ethernet, you
don't need the scripts.
if you have a dialup line you need to configure ip-up, the
ppp-script, to start and stop dvbd and to load and reload the
dvb-drivers at best, so nothing gets in a hassle, just don't forget
to change the device in dvbd.c

>If the answer is yes to the above could you please send me an example?

sorry, i'm not on redhat.

>As you can tell by my questions, I am having alot of troubles. Any help
>would be great.

just put your questin on the mailinglist, so the rest of the world
can prosper of it.

--
mit freundlichen Grüßen / sincerely

Mo Hataj