Re: How many DVB cards?

Andrea Segato wrote:

> Hi all!
> Has someone experienced how many DVB cards can stay
> in the same PCI? I'd like to use this card to forward DVB
> and not to use them for local viewing so this mean DVB
> won't be decompressed in that machine but just forward
> saving a bandwidth ...
>
> Thx in advance
> --
> Andrea Segato
Theoretically there is a limitation for PCI-cards at 120Mbyte/s on the
bus - in reality there is about 40-60Mbyte/s bandwidth usable. We are
streaming 3 DAB-transport streams (each @2.5Mbit/s) at
http://dab.in.tum.de from only one linux box, which works perfectly at a
CPU usage of less than 5%.
For DVB the only problem might be the usable network bandwidth for
continuous streaming of several 4-5Mbit/s streams (but only if your
system supports more than 5 PCI slots :)

Deti
--
Deti Fliegl
Phone: +49 179 2198419 Fax: +49-1805-05255556258

Home | Main Index | Thread Index