Re: more on avpes2mpeg

it all depends on which codecs you have installed in your system. "The windows
media player" is just a general (pimping...) framework, for a given format it
actually looks at the installed codecs and picks the first suitable for work
(NO way to choose among them excepted registering and unregistering them by use
of regserv32). Have a look at the "properties" menu and you find what it is
trying to use as a backend.
if you whish to explore how all this is working, get a hand on
"graphedit", this is a M$ tool that allows to manipulate directly the filter
connexions used by the media player.
For example the filters my system is loading by default to play mpeg2 are
- file reader
- ligos mpeg splitter
- ligos mpeg decoder filter
- xing mpeg audio decoder
- overlay mixer
- video renderer
- audio renderer

You can of course switch between equivalent components, but a sizable number of
those filters have been castrated so as they only work with their intended app.
Typical M$ stuff, indeed.

In short, what probably happens is that the particular set of filters you
happen to be loading are not compatible. try adding & deleting stuff
with regsrv32.

MK

On Wed, 23 Aug 2000, you wrote:
> Martin Schaller wrote:
> >
> > > The video stream seems O.K., but it appears theat the audio stream is
> > > considered invalid. No muxer would load it.
> >
> > Any further infos?
> Can anyone explain to me, why the windows media player does not
> recognize the stream produced by avpes2mpeg? I tried version 7.0 and it
> says that no codec could be found for the stream.
> The same happens when I try to playback my kernel image :)
>
> Deti
> --
> Deti Fliegl
> Phone: +49 179 2198419 Fax: +49-1805-05255556258
> e-mailto:deti@fliegl.de http://www.fliegl.de

Home | Main Index | Thread Index