Re: more on avpes2mpeg

On Thu, 24 Aug 2000, you wrote:
> > if you get media player 6.4 (that's what they call "media player 2"
> > from their site it happens to include an mpeg2 decoder.
>
> Version 7 doesn't come with a MPEG2 codec. And with the fact, that they
> have no codec available (Version 7 is unable to get one from their codec
> server), i'm not really sure, that you are right. Sure, that the codec
> came with the player and not with some third-party software?

Well I haven't installed version 7 because it is rumored to be even more
crippleware and bloated than the precedents, so I cannot give you feedback on
that one. I stuck with 6.4
Now where did the mpeg2 decoder piece come from? SDK? media tools?
I was pretty damn sure of having seen and used it some months ago.
Cannot happen to find it right now, I found a "microsoft mpeg2 splitter" and
of course the mpeg1 decoder by M$.   (???). must do some archeology in that
mess.

MK
doubtful

Home | Main Index | Thread Index