RE: Only Premiere World Promo

Hello,

> I just got my DVB-S card today and tried to install the driver for it. It
> seemed to go OK. I copied the dvbrc.astra over to ~/.dvbrc and started
> gVideo.
>
> When I select Premiere World Promo as the first channel to watch it works.
> But if I start to switch to a different channel I just get a black
> picture

I have 3 suggestions:
1) all programs with an (s) are coded and you only tried those once.

2) gVideo seemes to silently hang sometimes, so won't react on channel switches.

3) Instead of creating a own favorite list from LNB data, you used  a gvideorc from
http://www2.arnes.si/~mthale1/index.html#gVideo . I experienced that
these gvideorc files have one parameter less and won't work.

I have a question to this: Why does the newer gvideorc format has
a new parameter "reference to dvbrc entry" (or so) ? Is this a kind of
redundant entry, or do I missunderstand something completely?

By the way: "MTV germany" is the only MTV to work (astra), and that only
picture, but no sound.
Sat.1 (=SAT1?) won't work too. Any suggestions ???

cu,
  Thomas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index