AW: annoying E effects on horizontally moving items

Hi Matthias,

      >I'm currently working on that problem - the code is not finished yet
	>though.

That is really great!
But the algorithms you mention sound worse than my proposal.

	>The easiest way is to do an interpolation between the lines of
	>one field (halfpicture) to get twice as many lines (linedoubling).

So you mean, you just do not use the other half picture. This throws away
a lot of information.

	>If you want to do it right, you weave those parts of the image where
	>the is no motion and interpolate the parts with motion...

This would be most perfect, but really CPU intensive and hard to code.

Please think again about my idea:
Imagine, where the interpolation of b-picture[t] with b-picture[t-2/50]
would be. It would be similar to a-picture[t-1/50], would'nt it?
And the full information would be available on the screen.
And think again about the effect on still pictures. It would be "perfect",
I mean, it would be "as unchanged".

Maybe I can win you for this, or you can tell me bad side effects of
my algorithm.

cu,
  Thomas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index