gvideorc's reference to dvbrc

Andre' Draszik writes:
 > According to Andre' Draszik:
 > > According to Schuett Thomas:
 > > > I have a question to this: Why does the newer gvideorc format has
 > > > a new parameter "reference to dvbrc entry" (or so) ? Is this a kind of
 > >
 > > Same question here... ;) What's the idea behind that. This way you can't
 >
 > Maybe it would be better if this reference was actually to the SID and not
 > to dvbrc's channelID. The ChannelID can change, SIDs are intended to be
 > unique and to not change once a chanel exists.
 >
 > Andre'

The Problem is that you may need more than the SID, e.g. the TID and
the Satellite, in order to uniquely identify the channel. I chose this way as
an intermediary solution until all channel switching is done via
libdvb. The .gvideorc file is a relic of the old .videorc file I used
with xtvscreen. in the beginning I started to write gVideo as a
replacement for xtvscreen. Then all the dvb stuff was added and some
inconsistencies remained.
When I have some time I am going to fix things, or somebody else may
be interested. It is open source/ GPLed code after all and everybody
is welcome to contribute. Maybe there are some suggestions for a
format that can be used for the favorite channels. I would still like to
keep the frequency settings etc. in order to use gVideo for other
tuner cards, like bt848 cards.

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
mocm@netcologne.de                     http://www.metzlerbros.de