autoloading dvb driver (was Re: lirc, dvb, bttv, emu401k, modules.conf, spdif)

Hi,

According to MK:
> sound:

can't help about that.

> spdif:

same thing...

> dvb:
> -All my attempts as getting the dvb drivers autoloading through conf.modules
> instead of "make insmod" have been inconclusive: the drivers somehow load but
> aren't functional.  -> ???

so here is my working approach:

alias   char-major-81   dvb
alias   char-major-81-0 dvb
alias   char-major-81-1 dvb
alias   char-major-81-2 dvb
alias   char-major-81-3 dvb
alias   dvb0            dvb
alias   v4l             dvb
options saa7146_core    mode=0
below   dvb             i2c-core videodev saa7146_core
above   dvb             VES1893 VES1820 tuner msp3400
above   saa7146_core    saa7146_v4l

for this to work you naturally have to edit dvb.c to look for Boot_up.axf,
Dpram and Root in some directory,  i have put these three files into
/lib/DVB/ and changed dvb.c accordingly.

CU,
Andre'

Home | Main Index | Thread Index