Re: question...

Do you have a pentamedia card or a pentanet one?
I have a pentamedia-CI card and until now no linux driver (only pentanet), no
teletext, no EPG on english version
only a bad joke from korean company! If you press EPG on english version you
will get :

This button is for KOREA !

To continue i will say that the CI board is ISA ! (only powesupply i think on
ISA connector)
Did I mention no capture?

Not to mention the price...

Dan

Demetris wrote:

> Carsten Koch wrote:
> >
> > classic@ghost.odessos.org wrote:
> > >
> > > hi there guys...
> > >
> > > after the last storm my skymedia card vanished ;-( so i intend to buy
> > > another one.. my question :
> > >
> > > it the SkyStar1 DVB card compatible to the dvb driver for the siemens
> > > card?
> >
> > That I do not know.
> > However, it is recommended that you buy the original Siemens
> > card, because Siemens supported the open source community by
> > making documentation available for the Linux driver authors.
> >
> > You can buy it on line.
> > Follow this link:
> >     http://www.pc-werksverkauf.de/zubehoer/tv-karten.htm
> >
> > Carsten.
> I bought one too, and got bad support from them. No support at
> all. My CI card was burn, I emailed many times requesting them
> for a new one (I m willing to pay for it) and they answer that
> they sell it in connection with DVB-S card. so I should buy
> a new card in order to have my CI back?
> Pentanet has GPL driver too, and its CI cable to DVB-S card
> goes a better way than the siemens one.
>
> thnx

Home | Main Index | Thread Index