Re: vdr - missed video/audio block

Michael Holzt wrote:

> Anyone else having error messages about missed video/audio blocks while
> recording with vdr?

I had that problem initially when I first started using vdr.
I used an old machine (PentiumPro 150 Mhz) with an old main
board that was not DMA-capable on its IDE controller.

I purchased an UDMA-66-capable IDE controller on a PCI board
(costs less than 100 DM) and used hdparm in my startup script
to set 32-bit and DMA modes for the disks.

I also increased AVINLEN to 8MB in dvb.h:

dvb.h:#define AVINLEN (8192*1024)

This made the problem go away - at least 90% of it.

I still see occasional small glitches (not frequently).
Maybe a 150MHZ PPro system is not strong enough to write out the
data in real time under all circumstances, maybe the remaining
problems will also go away when Ralph does some further tuning
of the driver...

Carsten.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index