Re: 2 answers (2.4.0-test6, PMTPID and NETWID) and 2 questions (DVB-s and WinTV,gVideo sound)

Favre Gregoire wrote:

> Now, could someone explain me how to use my Hauppauge DVB-s and my Hauppauge Win TV
> together? I need that to be able to play my DVD onscreen using dvdplayer from
> http://www2.arnes.si/~mthale1/index.html#DVD

I managed to use together Hauppauge DVB-s and AverMedia TV Phone with kernel 2.2.14.

My conf.modules:
#dvb
alias        char-major-81   dvb
alias        char-major-81-0 dvb
options      saa7146_core mode=0
pre-install  dvb modprobe i2c-core; modprobe videodev; modprobe saa7146_core; modprobe
saa7146_v4l
post-install dvb modprobe VES1893; modprobe dvb-tuner; modprobe msp3400

# bttv
alias char-major-81-1   bttv
pre-install bttv        modprobe msp3400; modprobe tuner
options bttv            radio=1 card=6
options tuner           type=5

Set the full path for Boot_up.axf, Dpram and Root in dvb.c, replace tuner
with dvb-tuner in Makefile, rename file tuner.c in dvb-tuner.c.
Recompile and install drivers and run:

dvdplayer -l /dev/video0 ...
kwintv -l /dev/video1

Matjaz