cutting : announcement of java frontend

Hello,

I want to announce a java frontend for cutting
the recorded /dev/video stream to strip off
advertising or whatever.

Features:
While watching the video, you
- see the recent position
- jump forward and backward
- take over recent position into the cutting table
- save the parts you keep in the cutting table into a new file.

Limitations:
- You will not get a screen with the video, so you
  must have a TV connected to the DVB card.
  (Hopefully Guido will soon complete his project,
  see http://linuxtv.org/mailinglists/linux-dvb/msg01908.html )

- The position is actually a multilpe of 500kB, what just makes it
  close to one second each counter click. This gives you a feeling
  of where you are inside the video, but to be honest, that's enough,
  isn't it.

- I cut the stream very hard just at a 500k boundary. For cutting
  off adds etc that is good enough. (I even like the visual effect
  at the cutting spot :-)

So you might be a bit disappointed now, but for daily use it is
really handy. And if you want to add modules/classes for real-time
positioning and for frame boundary cutting, we can still do it.

I hope to give a first version in one week.

And of course: I wonder, if similar cutting projects are going on right now?

cu,
  Thomas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index