Re: VDR 0.63-deti Update

"Ralph Metzler <" wrote:
> You can also statically allocate 4096 bytes. This is the maximum
> allowed for EIT sections (AFAIR including the section header, but I
> need to check this).

You may be right, but I would always at least check the length
before trusting my life to it. ;-)

After all, it's a 16 bit length and (at least theoretically)
it can become up to 65535 bytes long.

I have recently traced a similar problem and saw lengths up
to 57000 bytes in the trace output. Maybe that was caused by
the fact that two programs were accessing /dev/vbi simultaneously,
but in any event I'd consider
      allocate fixed buffer < 65565 bytes
      read data length into 16-bit value
      read this amount into buffer