Re: Siemens card and SPDIF

At 17:43 18.09.00 +0200, Carsten Koch wrote:
>lars@skynet.e.ruhr.de wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I was thinking about buying a Dolby Digital receiver and was wondering if
> > it was possible to connect the SPDIF signal from J2 to it via a coaxial
> > cable.
>
>I tried that and was not pleased with the results:
>
>1.  AC-3 does not work.
>     I think Ralph has explained in a previous post
>     that the hardware is no capable of generating it.
>
>2.  I experienced intermittent signal drops.
>     My receiver's "digital input" light flickered and
>     the sound went off for about half a second every
>     few minutes.
>     I never found out wether that was a driver, firmware
>     or hardware problem.
>     My receiver's digital input works fine with my CD
>     player, so the problem is not at it's end.

for me it's working without problems (the dvb spdif out is going to the
spdif in of a sblive on a nearby box running windoze, and from there to a
small cambridge soundworks decoder). For playback as well as for direct
reception.
Haven't tried connecting it directly, but I see no reason it shouldn't work...

Max

Home | Main Index | Thread Index