Re: Siemens DVB-Driver 0.7

"Ralph Metzler <" wrote:

First of all, many thanks for the really great jobs that all of you are doing ;-)

> Gregoire Favre writes:
>  > why are the two "patches" not in 0.7, I mean the one to enable autoloading
>  > of the modules (and with tuner as dvd-tuner to enable DVB and bttv),and the
>
> The path for the firmware can be set in 0.7.

Yes, I have done it and it works very good ;-)

> Renaming to dvb-tuner is not necessary. As I wrote before tuner.c
> in the DVB driver should be compatible to the old one.

I should try this that evening...

> It is supposed to be a general module for I2C tuners, not just for DVB.
> If it does not work for you with bttv please tell me (nobody did last time I
> asked) and I will try to fix it.

If I don't tell you anything about it, that's will work for me. Would it be possible
to add in the archive (the driver) a small amount of ligns to explains how to
have both bttv and dvb together (and with autoloading), as can be found in the
email from Matjaz Thaler dated Mon, 04 Sep 2000 18:16:56 +0200 on a reply of
"2 answers (2.4.0-test6,PMTPID and NETWID) and 2 questions (DVB-s and WinTV,gVideo sound)"
For dummies like I, it could be good.

>  > one from dvb2k2dvbrc to have a real sound support?
>
> It was incompatible to other changes I already made and the whole
> libdvb is just being completely rewritten anyway.
>
> What do you mean with "real sound support"?

With the supplied .dvbrc I had problems with sound on certain channels, my formulation
of real sound support was stupid:it works for a channel or it doesn't... Sorry ;-(

Well, I have another problem: when I play DVD using dvdplayer I can hear sound from
both output of my SB live 1024, but with gVideo, I only get sound from one?
Is there an advantage of using SPDIF of the Hauppauge and the SB?

And I have the problems, that I have no idea on how I could make a .dvbrc for my three
sat (Astra,Hotbird and Telecom 2B), for that reason the dvb2k2dvbrc was really good...
Just taking the file that came from the archive and modifying it allow me to use Astra,
but how to find all the necessary informations to Hotbird/Telecom 2B?

Maybe another few ligns on how to find/create .dvbrc files could be added in the archive?

If one or the other are already in the driver: I am really sorry that I haven't found them...

	Greg
http://ulima.unil.ch/greg ICQ:16624071 mailto:greg@ulima.unil.ch

Home | Main Index | Thread Index