Re: Siemens DVB-Driver 0.7

Guido Fiala writes:
 > Am Tue, 19 Sep 2000 schriebst Du:
 > >Gregoire Favre writes:
 > > > why are the two "patches" not in 0.7, I mean the one to enable autoloading
 > > > of the modules (and with tuner as dvd-tuner to enable DVB and bttv),and the
 > >
 > >The path for the firmware can be set in 0.7.
 > >Renaming to dvb-tuner is not necessary. As I wrote before tuner.c
 > >in the DVB driver should be compatible to the old one.
 > >It is supposed to be a general module for I2C tuners, not just for DVB.
 > >If it does not work for you with bttv please tell me (nobody did last time I
 > >asked) and I will try to fix it.
 >
 > Mmm, might have forgot it, but it is still not work for me...
 > I'am using the Kernel-2.2.14-Modules for bttv - is that the problem?
 > (Bt878, Philips-Tuner 1216 (type=5) autodetected)

Yes, sorry, I am mostly using 2.4.0 kernels und only test sometimes if
the DVB driver still works on 2.2.x kernels.
You are right, tuner.c in the DVB driver will only work with the new
I2C interface. It is supposed to be a replacement for the tuner.c in
the 2.4.x kernels.
It should be possible to use Gerd Knorrīs bttv package
(http://www.strusel007.de/linux/bttv/) with it.

Ralph

Home | Main Index | Thread Index