RE: VDR recording glitches

For Linux kernel driver, we talk about Bottom Halves architecture (I
recommend the reading of the very usefull book "Linux Device Driver /
Alessandro Rubini / O'reilly).

"... Linux resolves this problem by splitting the interrupt handler into two
halves: the so-called 'top half' is the routine you register through
request_irq(), and the 'bottom half' ('bh' for short) is a routine that is
scheduled by the top half, to be executed later, at a safer time. ... The
big difference between the top-half handler and the bottom half is that all
interrupts are enabled during execution of the bh ..."

Why not adopt this driver architecture?

regards

Gaël

> ------>>    The speed can kill ==> use Windows   <<------