Re: VDR recording glitches

jan@panteltje.demon.nl writes:
 > > thoughts on VDR/DVB evolution:
 > > - teletext would be a nice thing, especially in combination with
 > > "point & click timer-programming"
 > I would like to implement teletext too, have a GUI and driver for a
 > different chip, unfortunately I get no reply from Ralph Metzler how to
 > go about adding it (getting the data out).

Sorry.

You can just set a PES filter and parse the packets according to the
DVB specifications. The specs are available for free on www.etsi.org.

 > Klaus will know much better then me if the on screen display could be used
 > for this, but I think not.
 > I think this card cannot do VBI teletext re insertion but I could be wrong.

It can do re-insertion but this is not supported in the firmware right now.

 > In that case I will have to figure out the teletext chip used(anyone?),
 > get the data sheet and adapt my driver, the display would then be on the
 > PC like in the windows version.
 > Perhaps I can just access this chip directly (bypassing the driver) via the
 > iic bus.
 > Still thinking about this.

There is no teletext chip. All teletext data comes in PES packets.

 > Great the more people have a go the better.
 > I am stuck with a lack of documentation on the card itself.
 > It seems Ralph (convergence.de) is under some sort of non disclosure
 > contract with Siemens.
 > My past experiences with Siemens in a company I worked for are not that
 > fantastic... and they were the main seller of Siemens PLC's in Holland.

I donīt know about other parts of Siemens but the group working on the
DVB cards supports Linux very much and is very helpful.

 > I will try to email Technotrend (Siemens is the same card) to see if I can
 > get some data, but not high hopes for that.

No comment :-)

But I will support the new Technotrend DVB-s budget card in the next
release. This card delivers a complete transport stream but has no
hardware demultiplexing or decoding. i.e. the card is missing the TI
chip and pipes the TS through a video port of the SAA7146.
The TS packet start signal seems to be connected to HSYNC, the 22KHz
to GPIO3. The rest (tuner, DVB decoder) is identical.

Ralph

Home | Main Index | Thread Index