Re: Thoughts on VDR evolution - my 2 cent

Hi...

Robert Schneider/MUC1/Lotus wrote:

> after reading the postings about VDR evolution, I think it wouldn't be a
> bad idea to concert action a bit. I was having a conversation with Klaus
> recently, telling him many of the things that came up in the list recently
> and if we found more people to help out with programming, we all would
> benefit from the new features faster.

> If I recall right what came up for enhancements, I get

>      1. playing DVDs (see my other posting for the hack I did)

We will provide a Linux DVD Player API with some frontends. The API is
well documented and you can go ahead and implement it in the VDR. I
assume, the release should be around end of the year with full featured
and stable DVD Playback on the DVB card.

Bye... SP.

--
Szymon Polom                              polom@convergence.de
convergence integrated media GmbH         http://www.convergence.de