Re: Thoughts on VDR evolution - my 2 cent

"Ralph Metzler <" wrote:
> No, this is not possible.
> The RTSL (Real Time Support Library) which controls the low level
> functions of the firmware only offers one function for re-insertion
> and there you have to give it a PID and a logical channel which
> corresponds to one of the 32 filters. You cannot feed it other data.
> The RTSL is only available as a binary and no datasheet mentions
> specifics about the re-insertion process.
> I guess it is somehow written into the video encoder microcode which
> is also explained nowhere.

There goes that idea. :-(

Well, I do not miss it much, it was only a workaround anyway.

>  > I, too, would welcome Ralph's comments on speed and
>  > reliability of the OSD.
>
> Well, itīs slow and buggy :-)

Yes.
I believe technotrend wrote it and convergence also has source?

Do you see any chance that either technotrend or convergence
may fix it in the near future?

If not: any other ideas?

Carsten.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index