Skystar2, SS2

Sergey V. Protasov writes:
 > I know that the current version of siemens dvb card drivers does't work
 > with this card.
 >
 > I have this card working under win98 pretty well.
 >
 > I want to try change siemens drivers to support this card but I dont
 > know what information (API ?) I need from Technisat (or B2c2Inc).

If the hardware is too different you will have to write a completely
new driver. For this you need all the data sheets and programming
manuals of the major chips on the card, in this case at least of the
DVB frontend and the PCI bridge.

 > Is it possible to write drivers without deep description?

Besides reverse engineering existing drivers, no, usually not.

 > I am planning to use Internet  only.  I dont need software mpeg
 > decompression.
 >
 > http://www.b2c2inc.com/products/sky2PC/index.html
 > http://www.technisat.de/eng/Produkte/show.asp?nr=0000/4094&okat=E&katkey=E0001
 >
 > win98 drivers and description in pdf
 > ftp://www.b2c2inc.com/

On the pictures on the Technisat page one cannot really see what chips
they are using. Can you tell us what chips are on this card?

Ralph

Home | Main Index | Thread Index