diffrence between manufactures

Clemens Kirchgatterer writes:
 > hello!
 >
 > a few days ago, i asked why my galaxis dvb-s won't work, but sadly
 > did'nt get any answers. :-( so i wondered, if the manufacturer is the
 > reason, why i got no reply. (the README of the dvb driver says, that
 > there will be no support for others then siemens cards).
 >
 > is there any difference at all between siemens, haupauge, galaxis,
 > aso ... in hard - or firmware? my card is socond hand and when i got
 > it from ebay, i thoght it would work with linux. should i swap it
 > with a siemens?

They are identical and they should all work with the driver
except for the data-only card versions some companies sell, but they should
e.g. have no composite output and are missing some other chips.

>From the descriptions you gave in your previous mail I cannot really
tell anything, except that it does not work. A copy of the kernel
messages during and after driver installation would be helpful.

Ralph

Home | Main Index | Thread Index