strange kind of recording glitch...

Have tracked it down to the first 6MB of a pav-file (starting about 4MB - how
can i cut it clean there?)- if it would help i can upload it at my web-page.

It's not those typical blocking-effect as with record-buffer-full (but might be
related), it's a half-frame drawn at the wrong place combined with
continous audio disturbances and latency (mentioned it before as
flash-frame-problem).
The file is unviewable, and this happens now almost every recording longer
than 30 min.
(But more often if i actually like to view the movie and not just
test it - Murphy is a pig ;-)

Maybe we can track it down further without wasting so much bandwidth:

-The effect is only visible in normal-play mode _not_ in slow-forward mode!
(the record-buffer glitches can be seen then too) How can that be?

-During the recording of these file where no buffer-overflows, but a few
"ERROR: unknown picture type '0'" (but not as often as the failure occurs).

-During the recording of the previous file (vdr.001) i put a heavy disk load
at the system to produce buffer-overflows (succesful ;-)

-Stopping the recording vdr tells me:
vdr[1394]: buffer stats: 1023083 free, 0 overflows, limit exceeded 0 time
vdr[1394]: end recording process

Nothing went wrong, but the file is still garbage ;-(

Any idea's?

Home | Main Index | Thread Index