Europe Online - "the broadband internet company".

Hello,

while Europe Online still calls itself "the broadband internet company"
(see http://www.europeonline.com), it has placed a message from its CEO
onto its home page deying just that.

The complete message is at http://www.europeonline.com/220900.htm

Here is a quote from it:

"Although we currently offer the facility for customers to surf the
Internet, on a going forward basis we will not guarantee the download
speed performance as this can vary significantly depending on network
speeds are likely to vary from part ISDN to a maximum 4 times ISDN
but this could well fall as demand for our services grows and we
attempt to manage the bandwidth more efficiently.
As such, we do not see ourselves as a high-speed access network provider.
If all you are looking for is high speed, unicast access to the
Internet for surfing then Europe Online is not the right service for you."

OK, I *am* looking for high speed, unicast access to the Internet!
DSL is not available in my area.
Are there any alternatives to EOL?

Does anyone have experience with alternative DVB-internet providers?
Does that work under linux?
Better than EOL?
With the Siemens DVB-S card?

Cheers, Carsten.