Re: Europe Online - "the broadband internet company".

Carsten Koch wrote:

> Hello,
>
> while Europe Online still calls itself "the broadband internet company"
> (see http://www.europeonline.com), it has placed a message from its CEO
> onto its home page deying just that.
>
> The complete message is at http://www.europeonline.com/220900.htm
>
> Here is a quote from it:
>
> "Although we currently offer the facility for customers to surf the
> Internet, on a going forward basis we will not guarantee the download
> speed performance as this can vary significantly depending on network
> speeds are likely to vary from part ISDN to a maximum 4 times ISDN
> but this could well fall as demand for our services grows and we
> attempt to manage the bandwidth more efficiently.
> As such, we do not see ourselves as a high-speed access network provider.
> If all you are looking for is high speed, unicast access to the
> Internet for surfing then Europe Online is not the right service for you."
>
> OK, I *am* looking for high speed, unicast access to the Internet!
> DSL is not available in my area.
> Are there any alternatives to EOL?
>
> Does anyone have experience with alternative DVB-internet providers?
> Does that work under linux?
> Better than EOL?
> With the Siemens DVB-S card?
>
> Cheers, Carsten.

There will be some new SAT providers on Europe*Star FM1 at 45E
(STARSPEEDER) in december.
Speed up to 400kBit and all services will be available (email,
newsgroups,ICQ,napster...)
Price will be approx 400 ATS per month. And I think for an additional
price up to 6MBit.

Boris

--
october 7, 2000
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here, this is the War Room!