Re: Europe Online - "the broadband internet company".

> The complete message is at http://www.europeonline.com/220900.htm

  for me its soon getting time to cancel my account also. the unicast
 speed is just getting worse, half of the urls entered into file fetch
 don't work and support doesn't exist..

> Are there any alternatives to EOL?

  soon yes. cbl will start a new satellite service called StarSpeeder in
 november/december on a new non-TV satellite (europe star on 45° east).
 they are now using other software then at the time when "herzog" was
 around.. its supposed to deliver more konstant download speeds.

 resellers for each country are listed at http://www.cblcbe.lu/our_partners.htm
 more detailed information can be found in the forum at http://www.skysurf.at

 time and download will be unlimited again and the speed will be "up to"
 400kbps. proxies aren't required, instead vpn will be used allowing you
 to use all internet services.

> Does that work under linux?

  i don't know how well this vpn would work on a linux computer and if
 the drivers need to be modified...

> Better than EOL?

  can't be much worse IMHO. i don't like having to buy a new satellite dish,
 and i'm still waiting and hoping for eon to at least fix the file fetch to accept
 more urls.

> With the Siemens DVB-S card?

  yes i think i have read that most cards except of Cyberstream Sat1 will
 be compatible for the use of this service.

 hth, max

Home | Main Index | Thread Index