problems setting up dvbd

I have some problems setting up dvbd. I'm using the latest drivers (0.7.1),
kernel 2.4.0-pre9 and dvbd that I picked up from linuxtv.org (dvbd2). I have
an eth0 interface that I want to use as the interface channel for dvb (for
sending packets in, instead of a ppp0)

The kernel modules compile and insert correctly (at first I had a problem
with IRQ sharing, I've fixed that) and I get a dvb0 interface using ip
192.168.4.1. That is the first strange thing, since my service provider told
me my ip is 192.168.2.239 (netmask 255.255.255.0).. I've tried changing the
ip's but couldn't get the service running.

Since the modules report no errors I can only assume that the problem lies
in dvbd and it's configuration.
I've tried using various configurations supplied here on the list and on the
web but couldn't get any of them up.. One thing I noticed is that they all
report sync=127 (best) which is a bit strange.. I tried using the scripts
provided in eon.tar.gz, they don't work either. I know if has to be
something trivial and I've been banging my head trying to find out what I'm
doing wrong. I guess someone went through all of this before and might know
the answer. dvbd.conf seems like the most likely suspect, it's undocumented
and I have no idea what the directives inside mean. Do i need filter_2 or
just filter_0 ? What is the MAC address in filter_2, should it be my dvb0
MAC or my eth0 MAC ? I am not behind a firewall or a router, and I can't
ping the proxy servers.

And I get an error : insmod: msp3400: no module by that name found
when loading modules.. no such module is provided in the drivers.. could it
be a problem there? I have no idea what the msp3400 module is used for. I do
not need video services, just data services.

Console sometimes reports "outcommand error 1" or "commandrequest error" in
regards to the dvb modules.

I hope someone's got an idea what's going on here :)

kind regards,
Danijel

Home | Main Index | Thread Index