RE: problems setting up dvbd

> ....my service
> provider told
> me my ip is 192.168.2.239 (netmask 255.255.255.0)..

Double check this number, as if this is the case, then your provider is
using private addresses for customers, and probably using masquerading on
its gateway. EON need a real IP address to send you data.

> And I get an error : insmod: msp3400: no module by that name found
> when loading modules.. no such module is provided in the
> drivers.. could it

You don't need this module for EON. It's with the driver, but is not
compiled in by default.

> Console sometimes reports "outcommand error 1" or "commandrequest
> error" in
> regards to the dvb modules.

This happens when the firmware on the dvb card hangs. This can happen for a
variety of reasons, including not being able to tune on the correct
frequency (i.e. find the transponder signal). Once you see outcommand error,
you will have to reload drivers.

Plamen.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index