Re: problems setting up dvbd

> > ....my service
> > provider told
> > me my ip is 192.168.2.239 (netmask 255.255.255.0)..
>
> Double check this number, as if this is the case, then your provider is
> using private addresses for customers, and probably using masquerading on
> its gateway. EON need a real IP address to send you data.

sorry maybe the way i said it confused some people.. i have a real ip and
the traffic goes over my ethernet card.. this is the IP my EON provider gave
me that I should use on the DVB interface.. they only provide support under
windows and the ip goes under TCP/IP protocol for the DVB adapter.. so i
assumed it should be set for my dvb0 interface under linux instad of
162.168.4.1

> > And I get an error : insmod: msp3400: no module by that name found
> > when loading modules.. no such module is provided in the
> > drivers.. could it
>
> You don't need this module for EON. It's with the driver, but is not
> compiled in by default.

i noticed it is provided with 0.7 but not 0.7.1.. but it doesnt change
things apparently :)

> > Console sometimes reports "outcommand error 1" or "commandrequest
> > error" in
> > regards to the dvb modules.
>
> This happens when the firmware on the dvb card hangs. This can happen for
> variety of reasons, including not being able to tune on the correct
> frequency (i.e. find the transponder signal). Once you see outcommand
error,
> you will have to reload drivers.

outcommand error happens almost immediately.. probably as soon as any
communication is tried on the dvb0 interface. should i try upgrading the
card's firmware ? if it is some low-level hardware problem maybe i can fix
it that way.. not sure if the dvb cards have flash memory or not. but now
that we're here apparently this is the reason why it isn't working.

of couse i'll appreciate any ideas and suggestions you might have. and
thanks for your help so far.

kind regards,
danijel

Home | Main Index | Thread Index