Re: Conversion tool

Have a look at virtualdub http://www186.pair.com/vdub/features.html if you
mean "mpeg1" for your .mpg files it has an integrated mpeg1 codec.
Virtualdub is one GREAT tool and it's under GPL. Some good souls should
consider a port to linux...

If your "mpg files" are mpeg2, you should use a gop- or frame-accurate
editor for mpeg2. That avoids you an additional conversion to an avi based
format.
To my knowledge there are none in the linux world, but several released for
win32...
names such as vitec multimedia video clip mpeg2 SE, mpeg edit
studio,  womble mpeg editor...

if you absolutely need an avi format (thus a conversion), try a tool like
mpeg2avi, or better flaskmpeg.

Cheers,

M.

At 14:06 07.10.00 +0200, you wrote:
>I have the following problem:
>
>I have captured some .pva clips with the siemens card and I've converted
>them into .mpg files.
>Now I want to import them onto an non linear editing machine but this
>one only accepts .avi files
>
>Anyone knows any converter for this purpose (doesn't matter which OS
>Linux, NT)
>
>Thank You
>Dan

http://www.medch.com