RE: glitches, another story *g* - more results

Am Tue, 10 Oct 2000 schrieb Plamen Ganev:
>> >I can confirm that heat is a problem. But, I get the glitches on cold
>> >machine and card too. I need to isolate the problem better
>> before reporting.
>
>Problem solved, but the solution is bad news...
>
>Apparently the DVB card doesn't like a K6-233 processor. It's that simple,
>but took me days to understand.

Think that's to easy - i have an P-2-450 and a lot of glitches - does it just
work with P-1's or what? PCI-Bus-Clock related?

(BTW, i've finally managed increasing the buffer size in dvb.h - silly me:
i forget to make insmod with outstream=AV_PES, that leads to buffer-fulls too
with vdr)
For the first time, it seems to be much better now - got no glitches
despite high CPU & disk load at once, but i need more tests with a hot card too.

Another thing: even with the "small" 256k buffers i could not produce any
record-buffer-fulls recording with "cat /dev/video > test.pav".
(But a replay-buffer empty during replaying ;-))
Does that mean, it's a problem of vdr alone?

Guido

Home | Main Index | Thread Index