Re: vdr recording without ads.

Carsten Koch wrote:

> A german company is now making the exact times of commercial
> breaks available via the internet.  See
>       http://www.adkiller.de
>
> A vdr with an internet connection could theoretically record
> TV programs without the commercial breaks. The info may even
> contain the exact start and end times, so it would also replace
> VPS.
>
> Of course, that company is making its money by selling hardware
> which translates the internet info into remote control commands.
> This hardware would not be needed when using vdr, which could
> directly use the internet info. The question is: will the company
> make the information available to us? Or would they even object
> if we used it without asking?
>
> Carsten.

stepped over this site today too.
looks like the data needed for this service can be
downloaded here weekly.
http://www.adkiller.de/programmheft.htm

those file contains lines like this:

0108032315000000008Planetopia

at first sigh it looks to me
digit  1-2 : channel code
digit  3-4 : day of the month in "tv style" (day does not end at 00:00)
digit  5-6 : continuous number
digit  7-10: begin time
digit 11-14: end time
digit 15-19: ?? should is the the info ??

Martin

========== mailto:martin@hammerschmid.com ==========
=RSA-PGP-Key ID:0x81783FE7 DH-PGP-Key ID:0x6B66589A=

Going out of my mind, back in 5 minutes.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index