Re: vdr recording without ads.

    [ Part 1, Text/PLAIN  28 lines. ]
    [ Unable to print this part. ]

Hi folks,

I had a look at this site, I can't see though, where the ad information
is stored, it seems it's just the schedule that's freely downloadable.

I'm working on a new implementation of the EIT stuff that:

        1. gets the data asynchronously
        2. displays an extended description of the events
        3. displays the schedule of the program (as much as the program
sends out 1 - 5 days, varies)
        4. displays "What's running in all programs"
        5. takes timer information out of this schedule

and as a next step, uses online information to start and stop recording
at appropriate times (VPS).

Bare with me, I don't have too much spare time but I'm working on it
every free minute.

I doubt a bit how the removal of ads should work by only providing the
times of the ad-blocks as if programs slip, ad-blocks slip with them. In
order to avoid recording ads by providing times only, that means you
would have to update your information from the net almost in realtime. Is
that feasable?

Regards,

Robert

Home | Main Index | Thread Index