Re: Problems with tr.103

    [ The following text is in the "koi8-r" character set. ]
    [ Your display is set for the "ISO-8859-1" character set.  ]

Well, to be precise:

- 103 is no longer in test, as it is advertised on EON page as operational
- Many other cards works under Linux (and don't show the stability problem
of the Siemens driver, I may add)
- Many ISP use other platforms for web caching (but Linux is the most used,
indeed).

Maybe this inability of the Siemens card to receive 103 is somehow related
to the well-known stability problem.
It may be that something in the data stream (maybe the bitrate per PID,
maybe some data patterns) interfere with the operation of the card.

Also it seems to me EON is looking into ways to deploy it's service to
people without a satellite dish (and this is a smart move, potentially
vastly expanding it's customer base). Now they are testing getting their
signal on cable.
I don't think they want to alienate ISPs (after all, they are at least
providing the return path).

Mihai