Re: Some questions about Siemens card and TR103

I have used Telemann and Pentamedia cards, in addition to Siemens-derived
ones.
Of course every board have their own drivers. Links are available on
www.linuxtv.org.
I especially liked the Pentamedia product, having a very stable little
GPL-ed driver (even if it's X interface is rather buggy). But it can only
receive data.
Telemann have both data and tv cards, but their driver source isn't fully
available and not GPL-ed and tend to compile properly only in RedHat boxes.
It's hardware data filter seems to be somewhat limited and they have a huge
Motif-based X interface :-o
The Siemens card work beautifully, but it just freezes now and then. No
explanation of the cause have emerged yet (proposed causes included heat,
signal level, CPU speed, data rate per PID). When it works it receive data
at full speed. Usually is used with a script to reinitialize it when it
stops.
This stability problem don't show off with the Windows drivers. But for a
few days earlier this week, Siemens cards refused to receive TP103 signal,
under both Linux and Windows, while the others cards kept working, so it may
have some limitations in it's signal handling abilities. In the meantime,
EOL has probabily undone the signal modifications, as the Siemens cards are
working again on TP103.

Mihai