Re: Antwort: LCD display and VDR ?

Stefan.Hagendorn@lindy.cc wrote:

> How about a client interface for the LCDProc Deamon ???
>
> http://lcdproc.omnipotent.net/index.php3

thanks for the URL, seems to be a cool project.
0.4-pre9 supports LCDs with a hd44780 controller
on the printer port. however, after checking the data sheets
of the LCD and comparing it to the way lcdproc-0.4-pre9
wants the LCD connected to the printer port I'm not very
happy because it looks a bit dangerous to me.
(D0-D7 on the hd44780 can be switched with RW for input
 or output, while a standard printer port only does
 output on the 8bit data line. connecting the LCD to
 the printer port without making sure that the hd44780
 is always in input mode might be a risk ...)

well, I'll wait till my ordered LCD comes and will then
decide what I'll do with it :)

Martin

========== mailto:martin@hammerschmid.com ==========
=RSA-PGP-Key ID:0x81783FE7 DH-PGP-Key ID:0x6B66589A=

If I were two faced, would I wear this one?

Home | Main Index | Thread Index