feature request for dvb-driver

Jens Rosenboom writes:
 > Is it possible to have PCR-Timestamps in transportstreams from the
 > driver?

Not possible. Well, we can't get the PCR timestamps from the original
transport stream. We could generate some fake PCR, but that isn't
really advisable and wouldn't help much.

 > And it woult be quite good to start with an sequence header. At the
 > moment the sequence header is at first send randomly at offset ~0 -
 > 130000. I guess this is right before the GOP start codes, but in most
 > cases not at the beginning.

We don't look at the stream on an elementary stream level. This is not
the task of the driver. A user application should take care of that.

 > Do you know wether the TT-PCI-Bugdet-card will output pure transport
 > streams?
Yes, it will. Ralph will finish the driver when he is back from
vacation.

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
mocm@netcologne.de                     http://www.metzlerbros.de