Re: Help needed: Problems reading SVRP with perl

> finally got some time for programming and wasted half a day :-((.
> Has anybody connected to VDR with a perl script via SVRP?
>
> Using Socket, I get a connection and the first message (Version/Time).
> I can send any number of commands. But I don`t get back any information.
> I was very happy about Klaus marking all but the last line with "-", and
> thought with this, reading line by line should be easy, but <SVRP> gets
> stuck?!!
>
> Hope somebody can help (maybe with a little example script that works)

<ReallyReallyHugeGrins>

Just this weekend i (Or more precise, the script was from Klaus) had the
same problem. The solution is this line. (Replace SOCKED with the name you
use)

select (SOCKED) ; $| = 1

Explanation: You must change the socked-mode to UNBUFFERED. "Normaly" it
is in buffered mode. The data you write into the socked is NOT transfered
until you have more then ?? KB or you close the socked. (Or you issue a
flush-command, which i couldn't find)

Bis denn