Difference between VGA and TV output

I am about to buy a system to use as a Linux-based STB, and have a question.
What is the difference in picture quality between using the V output of the
DVB card and using a TV output from a PC's normal video card?

I'm assuming that the DVB output will be of the higher quality, but can
anyone comment on their experiences?

I'm asking this because the system I am planning on buying (an Allwell
STB3036N from www.gctglobal.com) has the ability to overlay alpha-blended
windows on top of the VGA screen, which would seem to solve the OSD
limitations that I've been reading about on this list.

Best wishes,

Dave Chapman.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index